Sunday, May 15, 2011

Celebrating and Remebering

We went to College Station to celebrate Morgan and her accomplishments at Texas A&M, including getting her aggie ring (Whoop!). To start off our day, we met at the George Bush Library which is located on the A&M campus. A little perk, Miss Reveille was at the library too! I have been trying to get Ethan's picture with her for four years now and the whole family lucked out.


Can we say, "Christmas card picture?"


Ethan looks like a pro holding Miss Rev's leash



sweet kisses for a sweet girl

Kinley wasn't afraid of her and Ethan couldn't get enough of her


6 Aggie Rings

Class of '79, '01, '02, '07 (2 of them), and '12


I remember taking off my dad's aggie ring when I was a little girl and I would dream of having my own. It was always intriguing to me how the back of the ring was worn smooth. Now there is a spot on my ring that no longer has bumps because it's smooth.


I also think about my Big John. He was so proud of me for going to A&M, maybe more proud than anyone else. When I was little, he would take us to aggie football games, basketball games, to bonfires, to have ice cream at the creamery on West Campus, and give the best tours of campus. I remember going to Big John's grave the week I got my aggie ring because I wanted to show him what I had accomplished because I knew he'd be so proud of me. Every time we go to Aggieland, I think I see him somewhere. Wish he had been there with us to celebrate adding more rings to our aggie family.

Shiny gold


Sawing horns off outside of Aggieland Outfitters
It looks like Ethan might just rip it off


Morgan's ring dunk had the cutest theme

"Teach me how to Dunk It!"

Of course they dunked at the standard military time of 20:12

No comments: