Thursday, August 17, 2006

First Day of School

Yesterday, Peanut and I had our first day at school. Okay, our first day was really last school year, but it was the first day that anyone at the school knew of our miracle. It was such a wonderful day for both of us. I was given so many hugs by former students and co-workers once I shared our good news, and Peanut was gently touched by most of those same sincere people. I have decided that my belly being rubbed doesn't bother me, as long as he/she is someone that I know. How could I deny someone that is really just loving on our baby?

When I told my students about the baby, they were all very excited as well. Thinking back, I never had a pregnant teacher while I was in school. My new kiddos asked me questions about the baby and it was fun getting to share the excitement with them that Brad and I have been feeling.

My co-workers/friends have been an amazing support system. They refuse to let me carry papers, move tables, lift boxes, or do anything that might put an ounce of pressure on the two of us. So thanks to all of you for your caring words and new nicknames (Momma, Prego, you get the idea), pregnancy wouldn't be nearly as much without you all. Love, Peanut's Mom

No comments: