Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pregnancy FAQ

As we have been telling more and more people about the pregnancy, we have noticed that people ask a lot of questions about it. And not just that, but many people ask the same questions. Maybe it is just the essential information everyone must know about the baby. Maybe it is people being nosy. Or perhaps people are living out their fantasy of becoming an expert police interrogator.

So in the interest of efficiency (and our limited patience), below are the nine most frequently asked questions that we get, along with our answers (some serious, and some silly).


"Are you excited?"
Of course! How cool is it to have another human growing inside of you!

"When are you due?"
January 10, 2007 - but if the baby is a couple weeks early we get a sweet tax deduction!

"How are you feeling?"
Jill is feeling better now that we are in the second trimester. However, Brad still faints every time someone mentions "epidural."

"Do you know what you are having?"
Nope.

Followed by, "Are you going to find out?"
Yes - hopefully on August 29th.

Followed by, "Are you going to tell?"
You bet. And we'll post it on the website as well. Maybe some pictures too, but nothing obscene.

"Honestly - do you want a boy or a girl?"
Honestly, it doesn't matter, as long as it is healthy. Funny enough, Jill thinks we are having a boy while Brad thinks we are having a girl.

"Have you thought of names?"
We decided not to have that fight until we find out if it will be a boy or girl.

"Can I touch your belly?"
Just kidding - we've only been asked this once. Though it hasn't stopped people from touching anyway!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I'm guilty of touching "peanut". But I just couldn't resist! :) I'm so excited for you, I love looking at your website to check out the new info.

Anonymous said...

oops, that message was from "aunt" Heather :)

Kevin E said...

I kind of expected that your response to "Do you know what you are having?" was going to be "Umm, a baby?!?"