Thursday, April 17, 2008

Party Animal

I feel like it has been way too long since the last post, but it's only been a week. I'm such a slacker...

Anywhoo, last weekend we went to Audrey's birthday party. She was turning 3 and was having a princess party - the guests, mostly little girls, were to dress up as their favorite princess for "tea" and cake. Ethan was invited as one of two boys, but there was no way we were going to put a dress on him (you can thank me for this later, son).

But Audrey's mom thought of this and told us to come as a fairy tale character. This opened up a whole world of possibilities! We thought that we could do a frog with a little crown, or perhaps Rumpelstiltskin, or maybe even "young" prince charming.

Ultimately, lacking time and energy to make a costume, we borrowed one from a neighbor. May I present, Ethan the Dragon:



He also served as Royal Bodyguard for the Birthday Princess to protect her from her hordes of fans...


Now that I think about it, costumes are a trend when it comes to Audrey's parties. Last year, Jill dressed up as Raggedy Anne, and this year Ethan dressed up. I guess next year it will be my turn to don some decorative duds (so long as it won't be a Hannah Montana themed party...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad-
You could always be Billy Ray Cyrus if that theme is presented!

Love you, Jilly