Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tossing Cookies

This weekend we are having Ethan's birthday party with the theme of Sesame Street. So we're going to have themed games, activities and food for all the little ones (and some of the adults) to enjoy.


One of the things I'm working on is a Cookie Monster bean bag toss. I got the idea for the design from a t-shirt I saw online.

It was pretty simple to make. First, I got an extra piece of rectangular plywood that I had laying around the garage and sketched out the mouth. Then with my trusty jigsaw, I cut it all out. Good news - I still have all of my fingers!

Then after a little bit of sanding, I got the first coat of Cookie Monster blue on the wood. That's not the real name of the shade I used - it was really Grover blue.


Add in the eyes a little outlining, and some homemade cookie bean bags and I believe we have a game!


I can't wait until Sunday when I can toss my cookies!

1 comment:

Rick and Beth said...

THAT looks like fun! What a dad!