As you can see, the first stop was at the giraffe exhibit where it was feeding time! They had bins of romaine lettuce, kale, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Other kids on the tour were a bit hesitant, but Ethan jumped right in!
Here, Ethan is feeding the 9 month-old "baby" giraffe who was eager for some salad:
Then Ethan got to give the big male giraffe, Keeva, some carrot. I think he was hungry because in this picture you can't see the carrot, or even Ethan's hand for that matter!
Now, Jill got a bit more adventurous. She put a piece of sweet potato in her mouth and Keeva took it!
I couldn't pass up the opportunity, either. Giraffe breath stinks!
But that was just the first stop of the tour. The next stop was to see one of the elephants. They took us back into the pens and lined us up along the wall to meet the pachyderm. While in there she did several tricks for us including waving "hi":
2 comments:
okay, so did you know I would freak out about the giraffes? :) LOVE IT! I'm so jelous that Ethan got to feed and pet them! And Jill got to KISS one! He's so brave, such a difference from last year at the pumpkin patch, lol! Great pics, I'm glad you all had such a great time at the zoo. What a fantastic way to end Ethan's week of adventures with Nonnie and Poppy. You are such cool parents... Love you all!
WOW! I can't believe Ethan is so big already! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the Zoo! Hope to see you one of these days.
Betty Vallery
Post a Comment