Friday, August 05, 2011

Instant Friends!

Kinley Rae and I took a little trip to St. Louis to visit Aunt Heather and her precious family. Last time we saw Heather, Kinley was a tiny tart, less than a month old. And the last time I saw the twins, they were teeny, about 3 months old, and Kinley was baking away in my belly. So, this was the first time that Kinley Rae met Kennedy and Graham! Heather and I knew they'd be instant friends and they didn't disappoint.
Eating snacks and sharing sippy cups upon our arrival to their house. I didn't take a picture because Heather and I were so "in the moment and loving it," but by the end of snack time, no one had his/her own sippy. Gotta teach 'em to share young ;)
Just like her momma and aunts, Kinley Rae loved her Imo's for dinner!
Graham was so sweet to show me just how to use his momma's straightener; don't worry, it wasn't plugged in and hadn't been for hours.
Babies in the bath!
Kennedy shared her adorable K towel with Kin!
These little rocking chairs were Kinley's favorite toy. She was crawl over the arms to go from one chair to the other.
Sweet Graham playing us a tune.
The best place to play is the place you aren't supposed to. All three climbed upon the coffee table to get a better look at stacking the shapes.
Shopping! Heather and I took the girls to Chesterfield Mall to shop and grab lunch at Bread Co. Kinley and Kennedy are wearing precious matching pillowcase dresses that Heather made them. Don't worry, we told everyone they were cousins, it was just easier that way!
Night-nite snack of puffs. This was another fabulous example of how well they all shared, really!

So, my only disappointments from the entire trip are in pictures. Heather and I didn't take a picture together, guess that proves we were just too busy loving on little ones, and we didn't get a picture of the girls hugging or anything with their matching dresses. That would have been a cute picture in Kinley Rae's room. Heather, thank you for welcoming us into your home and for letting us feel at home. Tim, thank you for letting me steal your lovely wife and shop, shop, shop, and for changing out carseats for Kin, a big, fat pain, I know! And G & K, thanks for sharing your toys and everything else with Kinley and those big ole hugs with me! Love you all!

No comments: