Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Trip to Maw Maw's

We had a great weekend visiting Maw Maw, Aunt Vickie, Uncle Kennie, and Justin a couple weekends ago. When we head to Alexandria, it's usually a packed weekend filled with Mardi Gras or other parades, but this time, we relaxed. It was so nice to visit without a timeline, other than Kinley Rae's nap schedule. Saturday was spent at Uncle Kennie and Aunt Vickie's River House. They've relocated for a bit while they get everything squared away to build their new house. Their house is super cute and mostly kid proofed ;)


Kinley Rae having a blast in her sink bath. Why don't I do these more often?
This is my little buddy. I'm still amazed at how much he teaches me daily and his sweet, sweet words of encouragement followed by a hug re-energize me.


We tried, but she still isn't interested in walking on her own. Aunt Vickie would hold her hands and then we'd try to get her to take a step towards me. No such luck. I'm not wishing away Kinley's days of crawling, I just thought it would be exciting to share a milestone with lots of family.

She'd reach out real far and then squat to crawl to me. If I hold her hands, she'll walk all over the place. I know she can do it, but how do I build the self-esteem of an 11 month old?


New toys! Ethan dove into the cabinets as soon as we unloaded to familiarize himself with Maw Maw's toys. He had a fit with the Transformers, loved 'em!

And Nonnie and Poppy brought the slide! This little slide was given to me from Maw Maw and Pa Pa for Christmas when I was 1 1/2. I think it's pretty special for Maw Maw to help Kinley slide down the same slide.


What a pair! Kinley Rae attached herself to Uncle Kennie. Maybe it's a name thing?


Ethan thought it was a treat to ride on the 4-wheeler

Poppy love!


Kinley Rae rocking away in Maw Maw's rocking chair. Now we have two kiddos that have to take turns rocking, they just love it.


Kinley Rae and Ethan both thought Kin's foot in his face was funny!


Sweet feet!


Sweet time with Maw Maw

4 Generations

Ethan, Jill, Lorraine, Kinley Rae, and Diane


Thank you for always being a fabulous hostesses, we love visiting you (and your dumplings are the perfect treat after a long drive!).

No comments: