Friday, October 20, 2006

Cool Baby Product of the Month

I'm not so sure this qualifies as "cool" so much as "ridiculous, but really funny."

Check out:
The Baby Toupee! The company mission:
The mission of Santa Barbara, CA-based BabyToupee and SmallHuman, LLC is to show that while parenting can be a great responsibility, it can also be a source of
endless amusement. The company’s goal is to bring creative and fun products to
market that make parenting a little more fun, all while bringing a smile to the
face of their children. Life is too short to take seriously… have fun with your
baby!


This company sells toupees for babies (ages 0-9 months). They come in four styles: The Lil' Kim, the Bob, the Samuel L, and (my favorite) the Donald:



Why do babies need toupees? Why not? If anything is will help strangers make sure they don't innacurately guess the gender of a new baby. I guess avoiding that embarassment is worth $25 to some people.

What is also great is that this company donates 10% of the proceeds to children's charities, one of which is Locks of Love (the same charity that Jill donated 11 inches of hair to).

Though it's not something that we would necessarily want for Ethan, I found it amusing enough to warrant a mention.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I agree Brad, that this product is ridiculous and is funny to think about. However I don't think it's practical, and worth spending $25 for. Funny though...

Anonymous said...

That's funny...Should have invested in one for jake until his hair grew...:)