Tuesday, October 10, 2006

See Ethan....in 3-D!

Today we went and had our 3-D ultrasound. Strangely enough, they didn't make us wear those red and blue paper glasses...

This was a fun experience. The doctors don't use this ultrasound for any medical purposes; it's for pure entertainment only. We're not sure why - maybe it is because these aren't as precise as a regular ultrasound. Or maybe it is because they are tired of dads making the red and blue glasses joke.

This worked just like a regular ultrasound with the probe and it even started out with a 2-D image. But when the ultrasonographer found a view she liked, she hit a button and it did a quick scan, then formed a composite image showing the face of our little boy!

We ended up with about a dozen images, but here are our favorites:







They even had a special machine that showed what Ethan will look like 30 years into the future:

3 comments:

Keith said...

I really like the one with Ethan smiling. When ya'll first mentioned that Lance Berkman looks like your son all grown up, I couldn't look at Lance in any other way. Can't wait for more information on Ethan.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. I think he looks like his mommy.

Anonymous said...

Sweet boy!!!! Oh my goodness! I can't wait to meet him! We're thrilled for yall.