Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blue Skies!

Over the weekend we made our annual pilgrimage out to Ellington Field for the Wings Over Houston airshow. It was a beautiful day, if just a little warm. Of course, with Grandpa being one of the head dish-washers with the airshow, we got a little bit of VIP treatment.


For example, we (and when I say "we" I mean "Ethan") got to meet quite a few of the performers:


Ethan with the ReMax Skydivers

Ethan with pilot John Klatt (and Ethan even got to sit in the plane)


Ethan with pilot Debby Rihn-Harvey


Ethan with pilot Julie Clark
After all of the photo ops, we walked the airfield and looked at the static displays.

Ethan and Grandma in front of the NASA Guppy

Uncle Keith and E on the golf cart ready for the next exhibit
Of course, there was one more pilot to meet - Sean D Tucker. We have seen him before at the airshow and Sean was happy so see Ethan again. This time, he took Ethan to the plane and had him put his handprint on his tail. With his handprint there, Ethan was "flying" with him!


We also did some shopping around. I would have bought one of these "Turket Legs" if I only knew what they were....

It was a great show and we had a lot of fun! We can't wait for next year!


No comments: