Thursday, April 12, 2007

School Days

Guest writer: Jill (my 3rd solo entry on Ethan's blog)

As Brad mentioned on Monday, Ethan and I have adventured into the world of "school." When I drop Ethan off in the mornings, he is so curious as to where he is and what the other kids are doing. After an "I love you, Peanut" and a kiss on the forehead, I head just across the street to my school. It's weird to be back in the hallways and teaching my 9th graders. Rather than a 3 month vacation, as they call it, I feel as though I was just gone for a long weekend. It's like everything paused at the school while I was home taking care of Ethan. My students seem to be happy that I'm back and as always, I enjoy my former students stopping by to visit and see pictures of our little man. When I return to my role as mommy and pick Ethan up, I realize that he doesn't have anything to complain about because he is always being held by one of his teachers. I'm not too worried though because when I take over and hold him, he smiles and then puts his head to my chest. We LOVE to cuddle!

Today, I jetted out of school a few minutes early to pick Ethan up for a Student Council party. It was a welcome back party and Krystal was right, the kids loved looking at him. I do mean looking at him, it was like he was fragile; they just stared and kept telling me how beautiful he was. I can't blame them for staring, I do it all of the time (when he's sleeping, hanging out with Brad, or just eating).

Thank you all for the sweet emails and phone calls. It's great to know that I have such wonderful family and friends giving me support through this big change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for open comments! Jill, I'm glad you have had a good adjustment back to school. It's great that his daycare is so close! You can always run over there if you need to.

I've read through a lot of y'all's blog -- y'all look great! Man, can you believe it's been 7 years since college? (Well, 7 for me, but I'm way more Old Army.)