Jill spent her first nights away from Ethan on Thusday and Friday while on a trip with Cy-Fair Student Council. To help ease the separation, I sent her a few pictures every day from my phone camera. Jill said that she pulled out her phone at least 500 to look at the pictures or show off her beautiful son. And no, she was not able to catch up on her sleep. She went from looking after one 16 week-old to looking after eleven 17 year-olds. Not much different there!
Ethan and I had some great father-son bonding time. We had Thursday evening to ourselves (when he mostly slept) and Friday we spent the night at GM and GP's house. And just for the record, I did not go because having a baby on my own is too much work. He wanted to see his grandparents - and who am I to turn down four extra hands for holding, feeding and diaper changing?
Overall, it made me appreciate all the work that Jill does while she is here. Hopefully there aren't any more student council trips coming up in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment