Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweet Alarm Clock

Dearest Ethan Bradley-
At 6:30 this morning, Daddy and I heard Kinley Rae give out a couple of cries on the monitor. And then we heard sweet footsteps upstairs. We listened and heard you talking to Kinley. Before we knew it, we heard you kissing your sister. She was quiet with you in her room. Daddy and I waited a couple more minutes and could hear you talking and more kisses and then we realized that you couldn't reach her from outside of her crib to give those precious smooches...

I headed upstairs to see how you had managed to do what I knew you had done. And sure enough, you had moved the ottoman, climbed on up, and were in bed with Kinley. Not just sitting there, but laying next to her, rubbing her back, and giving kisses. And she was happy sharing her space with you!

Thank you for continuing to amaze us with being this big brother that cherishes his little sister God gave us. You are a blessing to us. And while we didn't snap a picture of you two together, Daddy and I will never forget it.

I love you-
Mommy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Enough to make Grandma cry.

The Junods said...

So so sweet. Our boys do the same with Georgia. Sometimes though they enjoy waking her up. I always have mixed feelings...be mad or just so thankful! Your Ethan is a sweetheart! God's timing was so perfect for Kinley to be born. He knew she needed an older brother that perfect age!

Rick and Beth said...

What a tender-hearted big brother. You are blessed!

Tim and Heather said...

I actually had tears in my eyes when I read this. What a sweet little man you have raised. You have two little blessings, Jill and Brad. <3

Kara said...

sweet! cole did the same thing a few weeks ago, although most likely not as sweet and gentle as ethan :)

mab said...

That is too precious! I'm glad you wrote this down for posterity.... although when E is 13 and K is 10, they'll hate it! :)

Super sweet kiddos!