Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sleeping Like a Baby

I'm not sure what it is about babies, but apparently anyone who holds one more than 10 consecutive minutes tends to fall asleep, especially Ethan. Perhaps his hypnotic cuteness makes you so relaxed, you can't help but doze. My theory is that there is some kind of Vortex of Sleepiness (VoS) that surrounds him. Don't believe me? Here is my evidence-


Poppy was holding him a mere 7 minutes before his eyes started drooping - a dangerous combination of the VoS and a Comfy Chair:




Thankfully, Morgan and Zach were close enough to the couch so they wouldn't collapse on the wood floor. That was a close one!



Even dad's aren't immune - Jill was quick enough to take this picture. Maggie was too far away to be drawn into the nap brought on by the VoS, but you can tell her eyes are getting heavy!



I didn't have time to warn Kevin about the VoS. One minute he's awake and quoting lines from Men in Black (apparently on TBS the entire weekend), then I turn my back to get something to drink and I come in to find this:

I may have to do some more research on this. But with it being Sunday afternoon I have to be careful: VoS + Comfy Chair + Golf on TV = LONG NAP!

2 comments:

Kevin E said...

YAAWWWWN! Boy, I'm getting drowsy just looking at these pictures. I sure hope that VoS can't be spread through the internet. That.. would.... be..... zzzzzzzz......

The Travel Addict said...

Has Ethan been at our house as he left the VOS on our couch and it keeps sucking me in.