Our third day in Hawaii was Father's Day. Ethan spent much of the day with Nonnie and Poppy while we went with Morgan and her friend Steph to go and do stuff. The first thing on the "stuff" list was snorkelling at Honolua Bay. We saw tons of fish and even an eel!

The jungle walk to the snorkel site.
Next, we went to take surf lessons! I know - I'm as suprised as you are that we actually did this. Morgan and Steph and done this earlier in the week, and since they were still able to walk afterwards, we thought we would give it a try too.
Surfing was easier than it looked. The hardest part was paddling out there. My arms were SO TIRED just after a couple of rides, and we did about 6 runs altogether. And riding is only a few seconds of the overall experience. I apparently wasn't aware that a big part of surfing is waiting. And more waiting. And more waiting. It's almost like riding on a roller coaster - it's a long wait, but a thrilling ride.
Hang Ten!
We had planned on going to a luau Sunday night, but a grass fire south of the town kept many of the workers from getting there, as there is really only one road coming in or going out. So we rescheduled for the next night and instead went to dinner at the Aloha Mixed Plate.
We found this place on our last trip while shopping. It's a place that's right there on the water, cheap (for Hawaii) prices, and a great view of the sunset!
Yet another beautiful sunset in paradise!
3 comments:
Beautiful, just beautiful! I love the family photo with the sunset and sail boats behind y'all.
I think I am officially living through these posts these past three days! Looks beautiful! Look forward to seeing y'all and getting the kiddos together in July!
Oh what a kodak moment! Thanks for sharing all your pics. Looks like ya'll are having a great time. Don't forget to come home! Sheri
Post a Comment